Thursday, August 12, 2010

Etsy Front page

You might say I'm a late bloomer or maybe I just have too much on my plate. who knows. It's a statement I ponder from time to time but don't waste too much time on it. If you ask my husband he would say I take on too much. I suspect he worries that I do too much and then my body will fail me. I know his concern is genuine and I'm sure it's hard to watch the person you love so much be in pain because they bit off more than they could chew. I know for myself it's frustrating to be limited and have a body that fails me from time to time. I'm still young and it can be frustrating to feel like I'm much older because my body fails me every now and then. Usually it's me that has abused my body and not the other way around. I guess in my mind I'm doing things that a "normal" 35 year old would do and don't want to succumb to the limitations that my body has given me. Just last night, as we were enjoying our evening out, (it was our anniversary) I was telling him that I wanted to take guitar lessons. As soon as the words came out of my mouth and traveled through the air to his ears he said.... really? You have so much that you are doing already. When do you think you will be able to do that, when will you have the time???? I sighed and simply stated I'd find a way and I'm determined to. I miss playing music. I miss the therapeutic effects it has had on my life and I'm convinced I would have never made it through adolescence without it.

Anyway...back to the title. Due to all of the things I have going on days seem to slip by turning into weeks...turning into months....so on and so forth. I kept meaning to post this great news but failed to do so...time didn't stop...days have turned to weeks but my excitement is still the same. I had the distinct honor to be featured in a treasury on etsy with some very talented artists. For those of you that don't know what a treasury is...an individual chooses items that they like and then make a treasury list. Anyone that has an account on etsy can make a treasury list and be a curator of art. Luckily the management at ETSY also liked the list and placed it on the front page. Our list was featured on the front page of Etsy on July 24, 2010. Very exciting!


Enjoy looking at the list... My art is the midnight sky wired art card.





No comments: